Repeating the rainbow!
There’s so many!!!!
If you get bored or need a change from the usual rainy day stuff like reading, watching a movie, working on your hobby or playing Spider Solitaire on you computer, no computers allowed!
Try a few of these:
- If you’re usually a fine artist, try coloring with crayons or maybe oil pastels.
- Take a field trip to a local gallery, museum or arboretum.
- Practice dancing, any kind, unless it’s your usual.
- If you’re not alone, see if others will join you in a card or board game.
- Research a place to take a class in something you’ve always wanted to learn.
- Play with some recipes to see how you could change them up next time you cook.
- Read through your recipe books to find interesting info you didn’t know before.
- Work on a word search or crossword puzzle.
- Sit by a window, or somewhere out of the rain, and look and listen to the nature around you.
- Hand write anything. A letter to a friend, thank you note, letter to the editor or start a novel!
- Call someone on a regular telephone, if you still have one.
- Take a long bubble bath, till you prune!
- Treat someone that needs or deserves it to a nice lunch.
- Stay in your pajamas all day, it’s raining!
- Put fresh sheets on your bed and make it up beautifully, then take a nap if you’re sleepy.
- Go and get your hair done, do something different!
- Go on a grocery run just to see which local grocers have then best prices, biggest selection and the freshest produce for your future shopping needs.
- Experiment putting on your makeup and video tape it. What you decide to do with it later is up to you.
- Do absolutely nothing! Daydream, stare into space, doze off if you can and don’t feel guilty.
- Write a list of blog post ideas for future posts.
Not sure what I will post as far as photography to show that I am finally on the way to my next destination.
After I had to let my house go to foreclosure, I am just waiting for the news that the sale of my house will be done. They should be posting that horrible sign telling the world of my failure any day now. I was so broke I had to file for bankruptcy because I would never be able to pay what I owed on my very upside down mortgage in my upside down life. I will have to move to some income based apartment if I can’t find a cheap fixer-upper and go off the grid. There’s a reason this blog is Po’ Girl Shines. I refuse to give up or sell out or see things in a bad light in my life. I will keep on shining till I get called home to be with the Lord Jesus.
So I sold my condo in 2005 to buy this house closer to my work & made a few bucks, literally, at that time but was told by the mortgage company to stop looking for a cheap house because they could adjust the interest amount lower and I would be able to afford a more expensive home with no money down, interest only for the first 10 years at an adjustable rate. I always thought this was discrimination to the poor to make them pay a higher rate of interest on their mortgage if the price of the house was lower.
The decision to keep the rate adjustable on my mortgage turned out to be in my favor because of the very low-interest rates the last number of years. Problem is when you do finally start paying off the principle and they decide to raise the rates no one can afford these payments anymore. They have greeded themselves out of commission. Not a well thought out plan for anyone involved.
My plan was to retire early and sell this home within the first 5 years of purchasing it. After just a couple of years real estate values all started to drop. A little at first, but the almost $20,000. difference made me wince. I just hoped that the values would rebound again and then I would be able to sell it. I did put some equity in my home by retiling the bathroom in actual ceramic, not that plastic tub surround stuff, and replaced some of the windows. By this time I held off on anymore improvement in which I would have to spend additional monies. Five years after my purchase, the home value had gone down to the point of no return, literally.
In 2011 my next door neighbor and friend passed away and her home, similar but not as finished off as mine, was sold for $29,000. The fact that I still owed $133,500 on mine told me I was in trouble.
For some reason the people I worked for thought of the employees in the same terms they thought of the taxpayers that were not paying their taxes. We were the enemy and treated all of us as such. Everything was a fight and harassment was over the top. I probably qualified for being disabled from what they did to me, but was too proud to show how broken I really was.
I cannot say some of the things that went on there but suffice to say that I did document some of them and was able to leave my employment and qualify for unemployment until I found other work, which I never did. If I had known I was going to be driven from my job like this I would have documented everything and filed a lawsuit against them. No one deserves to be treated like this in any place of business.
I decided to try to keep my house and kept paying on it and draining my savings, even my retirement to almost nothing. Let this be a warning to anyone with money problems. Don’t wait till you have nothing while you vainly seek employment, seek professional help early because you can have a small savings if you must file bankruptcy. If I had known this, I would have filed earlier and kept something to try and begin my life again.
Even if you have faith, don’t harm yourself waiting for miracles that don’t happen. That’s just common sense and God gave most of us this to get by between miracles.
A neighbor’s home last Halloween. Off-Season much?
Not all flowers are vivid in color but here are a few that are.