There is a communal belief of the Christian that Jesus was born and died to bring God’s people salvation. We need to be saved from our selfish nature. Jesus spent His life teaching and serving others, obedient even unto His death on the cross. This Christmas I am posting excerpts from the Holy Bible telling the story of the Nativity.
- And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.
- (And this taxing was the first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
- And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
- And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
- To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
- And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
- And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
3 thoughts on “Daily Prompt: Communal Life of the Christian”
This is SO Lovely–thank you, and may you be showered with HIS blessings.
Thank you for the lovely comment. God bless! 🙂
You’re welcome, and thank you, Dear 🙂